Admissions - Only through CET
Candidates who qualify in Common Entrance Test (CET) / Aptitude test conducted by Government of Karnataka are eligible to the Under Graduate Engineering / Architecture courses. The selection of candidates to the college is done by counselling at CET centre by the Government. Candidates belonging to Union Territory, Government of India are also admitted to the college by the Central Government. Candidates qualified in the GATE and PGCET are eligible to the Post Graduate courses. Candidates qualified in the test conducted by the Bangalore University are eligible for Research programmes leading to M.Sc in Engineering and Doctoral programmes. Admission to UVCE is strictly on the basis of merit.
Instructions to the candidates selected through Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA), Govt. of Karnataka for admitting First year BTech & BArch at University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering
- Once the Announcements of the Final Round Seat Allocation is made in the website – http://kea.kar.nic.in and you have selected the seat in UVCE, you need to come down to K R Circle campus.
- Application forms can be obtained from the Admission Office, UVCE on production of:
Note: No Cash Transactions at any stage in the college. All fee payments are only through online fee payment.
- Admission order issued by KEA
- Documents as required Details below
- Online fees receipt of Rs. 12500/- (Twelve Thousand Five Hundred Only) paid through Bangalore University website http://bangaloreuniversity.ac.in. Details below
- Rs. 1500/- (Thousand Five Hundred only) additional shall be paid by the students who have passed 12th class at boards other than Department of Pre-University Education, Karnataka. (They should pay Rs. 14000/- totally).
- Before visiting the UVCE campus for admissions, make sure that you have these Original documents (and two set of Attested Xerox copies) with you:
- Receipt Towards College Admission Fee (3 copies)
- CET Seat Allotment Order issued by KEA
- PUC/12th Std Marks Card (will be returned to the candidate after getting approval of DTE & BU)
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate (for CBSE/Outside Karnataka students)
- Duly filled in application for Admission to First year BTech & BArch
- Self Address Postal Cover of Rs.5 for sending communication with regard to Commencement of classes
- Three Stamp-Size and Three Passport-Size photographs
- You will need to have the Xerox copies of the below documents as well (which may be required for your specific category)
- SSLC/ 10th Marks Cards
- Caste Certificate (if seat allotted under Caste Category)
- Income Certificate (for claiming fee concession)
- Rural Certificate (if seat allotted under Rural Quota)
- Kannada Medium Certificate (if seat allotted under Kannada Medium Quota)
- Study/Character/Conduct Certificate issued by Institution last studied
- Defence/ex-Defence/NCC/P.H/ Sport Certificate (for Special Category Candidates)
- NATA Score Copy (for Architecture Students only)
- With the above mentioned documents, please visit the campus. First step would be to collect the "File as per the Department allotted" from the UVCE Co-Operative Society within the campus (UVCE, K R Circle). Please note that Civil & Architecture students are also required to complete their admission process at K R Circle campus only.
- The college authorities will inform you as per the further process for admission once you are ready with the above mentioned duly-filled documents.
Procedure for payment of Fees
- Visit Bangalore University website bangaloreuniversity.ac.in
- Click on ವಿಶ್ವವಿದ್ಯಾಲಯದ ಎಲ್ಲಾ ಬಗೆಯ ಆನ್ ಲೈನ್ ಸೇವೆಗಳು / On-line service.
- Click Miscellaneous Fee payment – Click here to pay Miscellaneous fee
- Enter phone number and wait for page to reload. Remitter name should be student name as in 12th marks card.
- In receipt type, select B.Tech /B.Arch Admission Annual Fee
- In Description write: UVCE -branch -Reg no. Eg: UVCE -ECE -16GAEE8021
If first time admission write source of admission, UVCE -branch -Source year eg: UVCE -Mech -CET2019
- Enter remaining details correctly and click on Save.
- Verify the details and it’ll lead to Payment page. Mode of payment is by Credit card / Debit card / Internet banking.
- After successful payment save the receipt page as pdf & print it prior closing the page.
- If amount is debited from your account and you are unable to get Fee Receipt, Kindly email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org along with the Payment-Id.
- All failed transactions will be refunded to the source account within 7 -10 working days.
- Once fee is paid, cannot be refunded or adjusted for other purposes.
- If you’ve paid amount less than prescribed, then pay only remaining amount again and produce receipt of both.
Applications for admission to Hostel can be obtained from Office of the Director of Student welfare, Jnana Bharathi Campus.
- UVCE Boys Hostel, Near Govt. Arts College, Ambedkar Vedhi, Bengaluru -01
- Civil Engg. Boys Hostel, Jnana Bharathi Campus, Bangalore University, Bengaluru -56
- University Ladies Hostel, No. 242/A, 33 Cross, 2 main, Jayanagar 7th block, Bengaluru -11
- University Ladies Hostel, Jnana Bharathi Campus, Bangalore University, Bengaluru -56